April 28, 2011

4- Thankful

There were some days when I would wake up and be so upset that this is the life I was waking up to. I would drag my ass out of bed to brush my hair although it was just going in a ponytail, put on clothes that would get smelly and gross, walk the dog through the cold, and go to work. On these mornings I would continuously repeat something to myself. "At least I have a job, at least I have a job." This made days when I thought my mind was turning to mush a little better.

So since I won't have a job I'm coming up with a few new mantras to help me through bad days:

At least I have boobs to get me what I want
At least I have a car to put a $4something gallon of gas in
At least I'm not in an unhappy marriage
At least my tongue isn't hairy (it's a thing I promise)
At least I have netflix to pass the time
Even though my phone is cracked to hell, at least it still works
At least I don't have a penis, they're real awkward
At least my name isn't Bertha
Well at least I'm not pregnant

It's always good to remind yourself of how things could be.

No comments: