May 4, 2011

10- Chicago

Quinnie came to visit me today, and Chicago rolled out the red carpet for her. She got a good taste of what Chicago is all about.

First, we were walking the dog and in the parking lot of a gas station there are a man and a woman going at it, in a violence sort of way. They're pushing and trying to punch each other and as we get closer we realize that she has a knife in her hand. What trip to Chicago isn't complete without a good knife fight?

Then we're taking the bus home from a comedy show, and as we're walking to the bus stop I'm telling her how I always see the craziest people on the bus. We were not disappointed. A man starts yelling at us I think, but we can't really hear what he's saying. He keeps spitting his little nuggets of knowledge at us the whole bus ride: Sit down, take the remote, press a button to turn on the TV and watch... that is what magic is. Also, there was something about how all Jesus ate was goya beans and that was the miracle, and if it's black call it white and if it's evil call it blue. I'm not sure what that means... but I'm sure it was very prolific and above my little brain.

We also went to a comedy show and one of the comedians was from her sister and my high school. Small freaking world right?

We also ate delicious French food and got fat, just more cushion for the pushin, or something..

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

One of the comedians was from her sister and my high school......what does that mean?

Karlene said...

It means she went to Quinns sister and my high school

Cheryl said...

Duh I was reading it late and was tired...sorry. It makes much more sense in the morning.