May 1, 2011

7- Marriage and Babies.

I've written and deleted about five blog posts today. I just really feel that I have nothing useful or interesting to contribute to the web. Maybe I'll stalk facebook for the 40th time tonight. I wonder what facebook will be like in 20 years, or even 10 for that matter. Will it still be a thing?

I always think about deleting FB friends who I no longer speak to or really never knew very well in the first place. I always decide not to though. It's fun to check people's pages and see where their lives have taken them. It seems that for most of my facebook brethren life has taken them to marriage and kids. Which is great, good for you.

But please, shut up already. Maybe it's because I work in a business where most of my customers are newly weds and young mothers. I just don't care that you and the 'hubby' just reached your 4 month anniversary of being married. I'm almost positive that's not a real milestone. Yes, I know your married, every time you mention him you don't need to call him "hubs, hubby," or any other pet name, if you call him by his name we will know who you are talking about. It's cute, in sparsity. You like being married, I dig that but mostly I just feel like you're trying to prove to everyone else how cute the two of you are.

And then there's people with or about to have a kid. You are not the first or only person to have this ability on the earth. It's amazing and beautiful and I'm happy for you. It is however not the only thing I want to talk with you about. I would like to know how you are apart from your kid, how your job is going, what movie, book or tv show you've watched recently that wasn't related to children. If you can't think of anything than you are far too invested in your kid and yes I do think that is possible. Take a step outside of motherhood, breathe deep, drink a glass or two of wine, watch something in which they say 'shit,' give the hubs a kiss, then leap back into supermom mode. And no, I don't care which baby carrier you've found most effective.

Balance people. There might be more to your life than marriage and babies?

No comments: