May 2, 2011

8- Loving Your Dogs

There are always the ins and the outs. The cliques. The people who belong and those who do not. It happens in all sorts of social gatherings, even at the dog park. The dog park is a strange conglomeration of people, most people know very little about each other and exchange small talk at most. So, no one really knows that much about anyone, especially enough to know any freaky behaviours. So, if you're known at the dog park, it's probably not a good thing.

I saw this lady once, and thought she was a little off, but dismissed it. When I saw her again today, I knew she was off her freakin' little rocker. She talks to her dogs, and I don't mean in the way that other people do. She has legit conversations with them:

"Chuck, stop humping. CHUCK. Do you hear me? You look at me when I speak to you. Do it one more time and we're going home!!! Understand? Yea? You understand? This is your final warning Chuck."

And no, that's not her son, just her dog. She then asked Chuck to let his brother dog know that if they continued to behave this way they would be going to timeout. When the dog just sat there she yelled at him to go get his brother and tell him what she said.

I didn't really want to get close enough to get drawn into a random conversation with her, but I for sure wanted to be close enough to hear her ramblings.

Once she left a few more regulars came in and someone mentioned this crazy lady who spoke to her dogs and everyone knew EXACTLY who she was and mentioned that she was a bit of a loony legend at Wiggley Field.

I like dogs, but I hope that forever and ever I will have someone other than I dog to boss around.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wiggley field? Wrigley field? I hope you always have someone to boss around because it is in your DNA and you might be that crazy lady without it.....

Unknown said...

If that is the name of the dogpark, that is awesome! Wiggley Field..heehee!