August 19, 2011

YOU'RE ugly. Bitch.

Yesterday I was having an off day. Nothing was happening quite as smoothly as I assumed it would. I was outside in the 113 degree weather for far longer than anticipated, and was just generally having an off day. Fine. It happens. I decided to go to Ikea to pick up a table that I wanted, I found a cool lamp in the 'as is' section and had it on my cart when I figured out that I am not the Hulk and could not lift this giant box on my own. I wonder to the next aisle to find someone to help me, tell him what aisle I'll be in and he says he'll meet me there. I get back to where my cart and awesome lamp once stood and they're gone! I turn around and this girl walks up to me and yells, "you have muffin tops AND you're ugly!" She then proceeds to run away while her boyfriend pinches her ass and tells her what a funny bitch she is.

I stand there, not sure how to respond and realize the only response I had was tears in my eyes, and a sudden rush of total self-consciousness. I probably would have just thought she was a total bitch on every other day and dismissed it, but I hadn't eaten in 7 hours, was hot, and pretty much just done with the day. Yesterday I let this bitch make me feel suddenly so uncomfortable in my own skin. Every shinny thing I passed I had to make sure I didn't have a muffin top.

A half hour later it was just sort of funny, but I still think there is no room in the world for that sort of blatant rudeness. It's just hurtful and does nothing to make life better for everyone.

Also, I hope she gets terribly fat and muffin tops like crazy over her jeans :)

No comments: