May 21, 2011

15- Failure.

Ok. So I didn't quite do 30 days in a row. But, I'm settled in and back on track and I'll finish these last 15 days strong. I hope.


I'm back in Phoenix. I've had a job interview already, been to the doctor and hung out with some friends. Last night we went out to old town. We parked in a parking lot that was marked as a tow zone, I thought about protesting us parking there but I figured that was just the Chicago parker in me. We went out for one drink, walked back to our car and... it was gone. Damn.

Of course the tow driver was an asshole, and tried to get money out of us that we refused to pay him. Words along the line of, "I'll pound you in front of your woman," and "go tow a car, you're not trying to help us out, you vagina," were exchanged. We watched other cars go, and exchanged misery with some boys when their car was towed not two minutes before they got there.

The driver had tried to take one car, but couldn't quite get it. So what did he do? Of course he left it all cock-jawed in the middle of the parking lot. I really just wanted that person to come back and see their car in a position they did not leave it in. And then feel a sense of accomplishment that their car wasn't taken.

So what I learned is that you park against a wall in-between other cars that way it's harder for him to get at you, and there are sure to be easier targets.

No comments: